New relaxing track - "Winds of Remembrance"

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

New relaxing track - "Winds of Remembrance"

Postby DLovas » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:43 am

Once again, I'm using my new Soundcloud account (meant for works in progress), David Lovas AlphaZone. Let me know what you think of this one. I tweaked one of the patches I use a lot into a pad that turned out quite nicely (I usually don't use many pads), and wrote a little progression. The rest was just me messing around, but it turned out quite nicely. I originally attempted to create a breakbeat (which I'm not very good at) - but then I scrapped that idea and went with the traditional 4/4, but some of the older drum elements were still in place and I think the beat turned out nicely as well.

Decided to call it "Winds of Remembrance," because the atmosphere of the track reminds me of old memories/feelings, also it makes me feel like I'm walking along a beach thinking. Plus, the picture I found to represent it is quite beautiful. Anyway, tell me what you think.

Similarly to my other post concerning "Tiger5000," this is a Soundcloud set, so when the track finishes, it will start the previous version so you can hear the evolution of the track as more versions are uploaded. The current line up is v2.1, v2, v1.1, v1 and "Sail" an interlude based on this track (honestly v1 and v2 are identical but one has added samples).
Last edited by DLovas on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hardware: Ensoniq Fizmo | Roland JP-8000
Software: FL Studio | Zebra2 | Sylenth1
DLovas
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: RED MIDI Cables
BLUE MIDI Cables
Band: RingGalaxy

Advertisement:

Re: New relaxing track - "Winds of Remembrance"

Postby antilles » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 am

I love it. Great production. I really dig your music. My favorite is Remnants. :)
antilles

Gear: Virus C, String Melody II, Triton, MS-20, M1, Bass Station Rack, JX-8P, Juno-60, Paraphonic 505, SH-09, VK-09, JD-800, JD-990, Pro One, SY-1, TX81Z
Band: Antilles

Postby DLovas » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 am

antilles wrote:I love it. Great production. I really dig your music. My favorite is Remnants. :)

Thank you I'm glad you think so - that is also probably one of my favorites. I was actually going to touch it up a bit soon. I've learned some new tricks that could really improve it.
DLovas
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

BLUE MIDI Cables

Postby DLovas » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:20 am

Updated to v2. I'll edit the top post to include it.

Added piano instrumentation with leading reversed piano samples certain notes. Altered arrangement slightly (track is longer now and minor adjustments). Lowered the velocity of the last 3 notes in the guitar pattern, for some reason they were higher than the others.
DLovas
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

BLUE MIDI Cables

Postby Jay200MPH » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:26 am

Man, your 'alphas' are more polished and professional sounding than my finished tracks. I can't even start to think of ways this one (V2) could be improved. Reminds me a bit of one of my all-time favourite game OSTs: Aquaria - which blew me away the first time I heard it!

I like the 'interlude' version as well... Short and mellow with some fantastic work on the piano voice!

Same goes for Tiger5000 which I've probably listened to 20 times since you posted it. Seriously, great job.
Jay200MPH

Gear: Currently active:
x0xb0x, MC-202, Microkorg, PSR-36, mini-KP, SA-5, JV-1010, S-760, CMU-800.
Sequenced in Impulse Tracker on a P233 w/AWE64+GUS.

Postby DLovas » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:06 am

Jay200MPH wrote:Man, your 'alphas' are more polished and professional sounding than my finished tracks. I can't even start to think of ways this one (V2) could be improved. Reminds me a bit of one of my all-time favourite game OSTs: Aquaria - which blew me away the first time I heard it!

I like the 'interlude' version as well... Short and mellow with some fantastic work on the piano voice!

Same goes for Tiger5000 which I've probably listened to 20 times since you posted it. Seriously, great job.

Thanks a lot for the kind words! I'll have to check out that game soundtrack (on a side note you notice how many games have superb soundtracks? - anyway...)

The funny thing is I've actually improved on v2 slightly, I updated to v2.1 sometime yesterday. It's very very similar, but a lot of the magic is in the subtleties. In v2.1 I recorded the first note of the guitar track, and reversed it (similarly to what the piano does). Then I put that reversed sample at the beginning of each of the guitar phrases. Little things like that make a world of difference.

:)
DLovas
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

BLUE MIDI Cables

Return to The Listening Lounge