The formation: another EMX track

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

The formation: another EMX track

Postby acemonvw » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:58 am

Hey everyone, I've been having perhaps too much fun working with the EMX (strangely), so here's the latest track. Thought I got some good reverb out of it! Enjoy!

Watch on youtube.com
acemonvw

Advertisement:

Re: The formation: another EMX track

Postby tomorrowstops » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:35 pm

That's it.

I've had it.

I'm ripping audio from these videos and putting out a record for you!
tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby acemonvw » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Bahahaha...

Go for it!

Thanks tomorrowstops, I wish I had the energy to write, or figure out the creative aspect of an album. Like, what to name it, what to put on the cover, etc... All too much stuff I don't want to bother with!

I've put out albums before and I think I've sold like... 5 copies total, it just never seemed to be a great investment for me :/

Maybe it would be more worth it now... but so many things to think of, it's much easier just making the damn music!
acemonvw

Postby Infinity Curve » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Dude, just take all of these songs you have made, grab a stock photo of space or something, write your name on the cover and put it up on bandcamp. No real expense on your end, and with a site like bandcamp and the 'tags', people who dig that kind of music can find it, where as the only people likely to find your stuff on youtube are probably synth heads watching tech demos.

You seem able to bang out solid tracks in an evening, so it seems silly not to release them aside from youtube videos.
Infinity Curve

Gear: Juno 106, SH101, Virus TI2 Polar, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, , MPC2500, Maschine, System 10, System 3
Band: Infinity Curve

Postby tomorrowstops » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 am

Infinity Curve wrote:Dude, just take all of these songs you have made, grab a stock photo of space or something, write your name on the cover and put it up on bandcamp. No real expense on your end, and with a site like bandcamp and the 'tags', people who dig that kind of music can find it, where as the only people likely to find your stuff on youtube are probably synth heads watching tech demos.

You seem able to bang out solid tracks in an evening, so it seems silly not to release them aside from youtube videos.

Absolutely follow this advice! Remember its the music that's most important. So, if you're not feeling crazy inspired to come up with artwork, names, image, whatever, just throw up any old thing and call it a day. Your stuff would play great as album, no concept needed!
tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby acemonvw » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:14 am

lol, ok ok ok!

I will take your advice, though I tried getting some good stock photos of space but they just didn't do it for me. Why spend all the time making music, but then half-assing an album? Instead, I contacted two artists to see if they'd be interested in me commissioning their work for the cover art. (still can't decide on a album title!!!)

In the meantime, I guess I can try to mix/master my music (which means reading up on how the eff to make my songs sound good/loud without distorting). I try to do the best I can when I first make it, but I know that I'm not a sound engineer. :/

Thanks for the encouragement, I am going to try to get one album out stat. Plus... I guess I have enough stuff to send out multiple albums.

An EP of my MC-303 songs,
I have a whole crap load of EMX tracks that aren't so bad (though some of the songs heavily distort)...

Well, back at it. Thanks again guys!

:D :D :D
acemonvw

Postby Infinity Curve » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:43 pm

One thing to take into account... in this day and age of digital downloads and MP3's album artwork really isn't that important to most, it's not like they have a physical album in front of them, it's a little jpeg included in the download.

All people care about is the music, and you have that covered.

As for mastering, your songs sound good already; if it were me I would just make sure the levels from one track to the next were comparable so you don't have one track come on and blow somebodies head off or have people constantly having to adjust the volume levels from track to track. Once again, you need to remember most people these days are listening to MP3's on their iphones with super shitty iphone headphones, most people aren't going to notice the little things anyways.

Now that isn't to say you shouldn't try and do your best in all things, just take into account what people are actually going to care about or notice.
Infinity Curve

Gear: Juno 106, SH101, Virus TI2 Polar, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, , MPC2500, Maschine, System 10, System 3
Band: Infinity Curve

Return to The Listening Lounge