Arturia Minibrute as MIDI Controller Keyboard

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Arturia Minibrute as MIDI Controller Keyboard

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Does anyone use theirs for this? Do you need a computer connection to switch channels, etc.? I looked for info but so far haven't found that!

I have their analog factory and all channel switching has to be done via their set up software - it looks like this may be the same.
Last edited by Blue Monster 65 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!
Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Advertisement:

Re: Arturia Minibrute as MIDI Controller Keyboard

Postby micahjonhughes » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I use it as my (polyphonic) midi controller. If you want to change the channel it sends on, you do need to connect it to a computer. By default it sends on Ch 1.
micahjonhughes

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Got it - thank you!
Muhahahahahahahahaha!
Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby jpark1115 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:19 am

Hey micahjonhughes could you tell me how you set up your minibrute to use as a midi controller in ableton? I have one as well and I'm having trouble getting it to work...I know how to use it as an audio input and record with that but I cant figure out how to use the keys on the minibrute to create sounds from the instrument rack or impulses. Please tell me how, im dying to know!
jpark1115

Postby Stab Frenzy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:58 am

jpark1115 wrote:Hey micahjonhughes could you tell me how you set up your minibrute to use as a midi controller in ableton? I have one as well and I'm having trouble getting it to work...I know how to use it as an audio input and record with that but I cant figure out how to use the keys on the minibrute to create sounds from the instrument rack or impulses. Please tell me how, im dying to know!

All the info you need is in the Live Lessons that come with the program. But basically you need to go to preferences and enable midi input from the Minibrute.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Return to HELP!