Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
I found this video (via matrixsynth) of a Ensoniq KT-88
and liked a lot it sounds fantastic special the first 6 minutes.
My question is what Ensoniq synth is equivalent to this workstation?
- Supporting Member!
- Posts: 329
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:22 am
- Location: Lusitania
- Gear: BitOne,DX7II, M-1000, ESQm, Procussion, NanoSynth, VL1, P2500, K5000R, FS1r, JX-3P, Ju-60,HR-16, CZ1000, RX-5,K2600S, Nord G1r, G2, XL-7, Shuthri-1
Um, the KT76
Ensoniq always made workstations with only a few exceptions like the original VFX.
The KT88 followed the TS series, I'm not sure if it continued with the Transwave
engine or not but it's definitely sample-based. It does have resonant filters which the early Transwave instruments lacked.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
- Posts: 3560
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:29 pm
- Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9
The Kt's do have some Transwaves in the waveform list. IIRC it was like either 9 or 13 different ones. The 76 and 88 are identical, except for the number of keys, of course.
Nice sounding rompler, some really nice, shimmering pad sounds.
Synths: | JP-8000 | Minibrute | Bass Station 2 | TT-303 |
Samplers/Drums/Etc: | MC-909 | ESX-1 | SP-808 | ST-224 | MS-1
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:37 pm
- Location: Wisconsin
The MR series is very similar engine-wise and has a rack version available.
- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Real name: Unpronounceable
- Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, Bass Station II
- Band: Eridani V
Return to General Synthesizers
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: chipaudette, Google Adsense [Bot], griffin avid, mute and 10 guests