Roland D110 Noise Floor

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Roland D110 Noise Floor

Postby c-level » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:54 am

Been craving D50 sounds lately but dont have the budget so I did the next best thing and replaced the battery on my junker D110 that needed changing when I bought it 5 years ago. But I plug it in to find that it has a hideous noisefloor. HIDEOUS. like -60 to -50 db and the choir patch comes in at -20. Using cleaned balanced snake and patch cables btw Just coming out the Stereo Out... Ive heard its notoriously noisy and I have plenty of other Roland noise coming in Via JX and Juno Chorus at most times, but what other troubleshooting can I do to keel the noise? Would it be less noisy running without the FX or monotimbrally out of one of the other 4 pairs of jacks?

Also wondering if the D50 is as noisy bc if it is i'll put that lust to rest...
c-level

Gear: Juno106, JX8P, JX3P, SH201, Micromoog, CP 251, Korg Legacy, Triton Rack, E6400 Ultra Ableton 9, APC40, Max/MSP, M-Audio CX-8 Monitors, Focusrite Pro40
Band: C-Level

Advertisement:

Re: Roland D110 Noise Floor

Postby meatballfulton » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 pm

D50/550 is much quieter than D10/20/110 and MT32.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Moog Voyager, Live 9

Return to HELP!