Arp Omni 1 with Drone Note

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Arp Omni 1 with Drone Note

Postby br0wnbr0wn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone could help me or point me in the right direction to fix my Arp Omni 1. I got it a few years ago and it worked completely for the most part. Now I hardly play it (even though it sounds great and plays well) because their is a Bb above middle C droning at all times whenever I turn on the higher polyphony (the synth or string sounds). The bass still works and can be used as long as the other polyphony switches aren't on. The rest of the notes in the higher polyphony work even while the drone is on so I know it is not a stuck key (the Bb key can be played over the Bb drone) and no other features seem to be a problem.

Any ideas on how to get it to stop? I have done everything I could think of short of opening it, which didn't seem like a good idea without a clear plan of what to do. Any help would be much appreciated. Cool board you guys got here!
br0wnbr0wn

Advertisement:

Re: Arp Omni 1 with Drone Note

Postby sam » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:26 pm

It's a 22mf cap on the voice board....It's best to replace all of them ...It's quite some work and you need to have good soldering skills.
Lam memorymoog.Sonic six.CS30.Roland SH-5..Vp330 mk1.system 101.SH101.Jupiter 8.OSCar.ARP odyssey..multivox mx3000.Solina stringsynth.polivox
ms20/50.Jupiter 4 .Andromeda. OBX.OB-1.
Prophet vs. Pro-one. Wasp.EMS VCS3
sam
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Arp Omni 1 with Drone Note

Postby atkbg » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Although the caps do need to be replaced, in the short run, open it up. It may just be a stuck j-wire. You'll have to unscrew the keybed, If it is a j-wire, it will be visually obvious.
atkbg

Return to HELP!