Moog Satellite

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Moog Satellite

Postby ryryoftokyo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Is $600 (shipped) too much for a Moog Satellite? I've been wanting to grab one to compliment my Multimoog for a while now. It's in good shape, and it looks like it's a quick shipping, so what say you, VSE people?
32 MU modular system, Electribe (EA-1 and EMX), Microbrute, Nord Lead 2x, Blofeld, MS20, AN1x, Poly 61 (x2), JX8P, Split-8, DX7, Alpha Juno 2, microkorg, Conn Electric Band, TR-505, Ace Tone FR-3, Monotron Delay, Beatstep
ryryoftokyo

Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: Tarot Sync

Advertisement:

Re: Moog Satellite

Postby ppg_wavecomputer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:29 am

600 US$ seems quite a steep price, I wouldn´t spend that much as it´s fairly limited. 350 US$ is closer to reality but, hey, it´s a "Vintage Analog Moog!!!". This alone goes to justify almost anything these days.

That said, I was amazed at how nice the Satellite sounds. Quite unlike any other Moog of that era, it almost has something of the Yamaha CS-series about its filter.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." -- Chuck van Zyl / Star´s End
ppg_wavecomputer

Gear: brain
Band: ['ramp]

Re: Moog Satellite

Postby ryryoftokyo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:00 am

I sent the dude a message saying "How does $450 plus shipping sound?" and got a "that's what I bought it for, so I need to make at least $100 on it. Can you do $550?"

Gonna have to decline that. From my research, it seems $600 + ship is most certainly a steep price. I get it though, the dude wants to make some $$$ off a bad deal.
32 MU modular system, Electribe (EA-1 and EMX), Microbrute, Nord Lead 2x, Blofeld, MS20, AN1x, Poly 61 (x2), JX8P, Split-8, DX7, Alpha Juno 2, microkorg, Conn Electric Band, TR-505, Ace Tone FR-3, Monotron Delay, Beatstep
ryryoftokyo

Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: Tarot Sync

Return to Buyer's Guide