Moog Satellite

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Moog Satellite

Postby ryryoftokyo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Is $600 (shipped) too much for a Moog Satellite? I've been wanting to grab one to compliment my Multimoog for a while now. It's in good shape, and it looks like it's a quick shipping, so what say you, VSE people?
Moog Multimoog Korg MS20 Korg Electribe EMX Korg Electribe EA1 Arturia Microbrute, Waldorf Blofeld Yamaha AN1x Korg microKORG Roland Juno 60 Yamaha DX7 Roland Alpha Juno 2 Korg Poly 61 Roland JX8P Sequential Circuits Split 8 Korg Monotron Delay
ryryoftokyo

Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: EOC

Advertisement:

Re: Moog Satellite

Postby ppg_wavecomputer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:29 am

600 US$ seems quite a steep price, I wouldn´t spend that much as it´s fairly limited. 350 US$ is closer to reality but, hey, it´s a "Vintage Analog Moog!!!". This alone goes to justify almost anything these days.

That said, I was amazed at how nice the Satellite sounds. Quite unlike any other Moog of that era, it almost has something of the Yamaha CS-series about its filter.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." -- Chuck van Zyl / Star´s End
ppg_wavecomputer

Gear: brain
Band: ['ramp]

Re: Moog Satellite

Postby ryryoftokyo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:00 am

I sent the dude a message saying "How does $450 plus shipping sound?" and got a "that's what I bought it for, so I need to make at least $100 on it. Can you do $550?"

Gonna have to decline that. From my research, it seems $600 + ship is most certainly a steep price. I get it though, the dude wants to make some $$$ off a bad deal.
Moog Multimoog Korg MS20 Korg Electribe EMX Korg Electribe EA1 Arturia Microbrute, Waldorf Blofeld Yamaha AN1x Korg microKORG Roland Juno 60 Yamaha DX7 Roland Alpha Juno 2 Korg Poly 61 Roland JX8P Sequential Circuits Split 8 Korg Monotron Delay
ryryoftokyo

Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: EOC

Return to Buyer's Guide