Waldorf blofeld key click help.

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Waldorf blofeld key click help.

Postby Darkseid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm hoping somebody out there can confirm wether or not my blofeld keyboard is faulty...

The lowest F key makes a click, like a spring or something, it happens when I push the key down hard to use aftertouch. It doesn't happen on any other keys and only when pressed down for aftertouch.

Does anybody else's do this?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Darkseid

Advertisement:

Re: Waldorf blofeld key click help.

Postby Darkseid » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Does anybody at all have a Waldorf blofeld kb that they can. Just press down the lowest F key and see if it makes a click when aftertouch is engaged?

Could possibly save me a trip back to the store to change it.

Cheers.
Darkseid

Re: Waldorf blofeld key click help.

Postby scottrod » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:58 am

If it's like the Waldorf Q and more recently the DSI Prophet12, the return spring is a conical coil that sits in a pocket. If it's not seated real well, they'll click occasionally when depressed fully. Usually after playing for a while they bed in, but that particular key on yours might need a little help if you ever open it up.

Annoying yes, but certainly nothing to worry about. The P12 was clicking all over the place for a while, but it quieted down eventually. If that key doesn't get much play-time, I wouldn't be surprised if it clicks once in a while.
scottrod
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Return to HELP!