Yamaha SU200 - good for anything?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Re: Yamaha SU200 - good for anything?

Postby Hugo76 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:48 am

That makes sense. I can understand your scepticism towards the RS7000 as well. My two biggest gripes with the unit are lack of a good sound generator and the size of the thing. Still, it's very capable as a sequencer, and can still be used on its own. The Electribe ESX, on the other hand, is not nearly as sophisticated sequencing wise as the RS7000, but is a blast to use. I love it! :-)

btw: do you have any Kaoss Pad's? I have four of those babies now, and loving every one of them.
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Advertisement:

Postby ellaguru » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 am

yes, i got the kaosspad 2 , the kaosspad3 and the mini kaosspad.
i like mostly the sound of the kp2, but the kp3 is more flexible and complete. i don't like very much how the minikp sounds, i used sometimes for live, but this (and maybe the kp2) is on the selling list...
ellaguru

Postby Hugo76 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:30 am

ellaguru wrote:yes, i got the kaosspad 2 , the kaosspad3 and the mini kaosspad.
i like mostly the sound of the kp2, but the kp3 is more flexible and complete. i don't like very much how the minikp sounds, i used sometimes for live, but this (and maybe the kp2) is on the selling list...

Hmm, selling two of them? I really enjoy running two or more in serial, at the moment I have two setups each with two KP's. This opens for some really cool possibilities. I agree the MiniKP isn't the best sounding. I have also the MiniKP 2, and that's actually my favourite (the others being the KP3 and the Quad Pad). Unless Korg release a new KP this summer, I think I'll pick up the KP3+ as well
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby ellaguru » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:36 am

Hugo76 wrote:
ellaguru wrote:Hmm, selling two of them? I really enjoy running two or more in serial, at the moment I have two setups each with two KP's. This opens for some really cool possibilities.

oh that's cool.
Personally i use samplers with internal fx (the sp606 and the mc909 play 2fx simultaneously+kp3 and -sometimes- sp303, it's ok for me; a variation is to had the kp2; another setup is an200+st224+kp3 -this last is a home setup-synced to the mc909)
ps
if you don't mind -one of this day- could i pm you to share musical links of our productions?
ellaguru

Postby Hugo76 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:31 pm

ellaguru wrote:
Hugo76 wrote:
ellaguru wrote:Hmm, selling two of them? I really enjoy running two or more in serial, at the moment I have two setups each with two KP's. This opens for some really cool possibilities.

oh that's cool.
Personally i use samplers with internal fx (the sp606 and the mc909 play 2fx simultaneously+kp3 and -sometimes- sp303, it's ok for me; a variation is to had the kp2; another setup is an200+st224+kp3 -this last is a home setup-synced to the mc909)
ps
if you don't mind -one of this day- could i pm you to share musical links of our productions?

Yeah, I use internal effects as well generally, although some effects aren't very impressive in some of my units. I've heard the effects in the dx200 are't that great, but I'm hoping they're at least usable.
Just sent you a pm :-)
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby ellaguru » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Hugo76 wrote:Yeah, I use internal effects as well generally, although some effects aren't very impressive in some of my units. I've heard the effects in the dx200 are't that great, but I'm hoping they're at least usable.
Just sent you a pm :-)

i found some sp606 fx are cool, on the mc909 too. same thing on the esx (but not all).
well, i don't know for the dx200, but for the an200 delay and distorsion are ok,phaser too, the rest is so and so...
ellaguru

Postby Hugo76 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:30 pm

ellaguru wrote:i found some sp606 fx are cool, on the mc909 too. same thing on the esx (but not all).
well, i don't know for the dx200, but for the an200 delay and distorsion are ok,phaser too, the rest is so and so...

Yeah, well, it's really not a big deal, as I'll be running it through my Kaoss Pad's and other effects. But it's good to know the delay is workable, at least.
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Previous

Return to Samplers