Nightsatan and The Loops of Doom

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

Nightsatan and The Loops of Doom

Postby Carey M » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:54 pm

A little taster from our upcoming soundtrack album. Contains approximately 90% vintage synths ;) Hope you guys enjoy these!

https://soundcloud.com/solinarecords/se ... e-loops-of

Album cover:

A pre-order link:
http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/night ... s_of_doom/

And here's the teaser trailer:
Watch on vimeo.com

http://vimeo.com/77795307
Last edited by Carey M on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Carey M

Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Advertisement:

Re: Nightsatan and The Loops of Doom

Postby shaft9000 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:06 pm

:)
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies
shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: ZF synchromesh 6-speed manual transmission

Postby Jabberwalky » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:26 am

Sick!
Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Dx7|ProOne|MEK|9700s|Ms20m|700s|
|P61|An1x|Dx21|Emax2|Ds8
Band: Variar, Model Human

Postby SeventhStar » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:42 pm

That is a cool track! Somebody is a Carpenter fan, I can tell..

Actually this track isn't just cool, it's bad-ass baby!
SeventhStar

Gear: Sequential MULTI-TRAK, DARK STAR, M-AUDIO Keystation 61es

Postby Carey M » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 am

SeventhStar wrote:That is a cool track! Somebody is a Carpenter fan, I can tell..

Thank you! And yes, we're all very big fans of Carpenter. The Fog is probably my favourite movie score ever, but I love the stuff he did with Howarth, also.

I updated the first post with individual track links and other goodies.
Carey M

Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer

Postby SeventhStar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:01 am

Carey M wrote:
SeventhStar wrote:That is a cool track! Somebody is a Carpenter fan, I can tell..

Thank you! And yes, we're all very big fans of Carpenter. The Fog is probably my favourite movie score ever, but I love the stuff he did with Howarth, also.

I updated the first post with individual track links and other goodies.

I'm a big fan of Carpenter's soundtracks! My favorite Carpenter / Howarth combined effort, for an overall soundtrack, is that of Halloween III: Season of the Witch. I have the limited edition CD, put out by Howarth a few years back. I also have an autographed copy of Howarth's Halloween II 30th Anniversary CD. I like the Fog theme too! Assualt on Precinct 13, I started to attempt to do a cover of that theme with my DARK STAR. Finally got around to hooking it up and doing something with it.

Like you guys, I also dig Goblin and love their Suspiria soundtrack! Italian 70's and 80s movies, you bet! 1990: Bronx Warriors and I'Ultimo Squalo by Castellari. Fulci, Argento, Ennio Morricone I love all that stuff.

I've been listening to your Loops of Doom theme, like, 50 times this afternoon, while looking at photos on the internet of hot Scandinavian women. And day dreaming about making a movie.. I was up till 4 AM, like a maniac, last night, listening to some other synth music.

I think I need to go take a nap, so I can get back to work, and finish programming an iOS app I've been working on, so I can get some money to get a better synth. I can't program while listening to music. It is too distracting and I just end up sitting there and zoning out, like I did almost all night, last night..

What synth was used for the bass track on the Loops of Doom theme? I think you mention a Prophet 600 in your profile info. Was that used at all?
SeventhStar

Postby Carey M » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:33 pm

SeventhStar wrote:Like you guys, I also dig Goblin and love their Suspiria soundtrack! Italian 70's and 80s movies, you bet! 1990: Bronx Warriors and I'Ultimo Squalo by Castellari. Fulci, Argento, Ennio Morricone I love all that stuff.

Oh yeah, all that stuff is what we're basically made of. Any post-apocalyptic movie that has Fred Williamson in it, is great entertainment in my book :D I'd like to think that our short film owes a lot to movies of Castellari, too.

We got to open for Goblin when they played in Helsinki, a couple of years back. Probably one of my musical highlights.

I've been listening to your Loops of Doom theme, like, 50 times this afternoon, while looking at photos on the internet of hot Scandinavian women.

You should've seen my girlfriend's face, when I told her this :lol:

What synth was used for the bass track on the Loops of Doom theme? I think you mention a Prophet 600 in your profile info. Was that used at all?

The Prophet was used a lot on the album, but not on the main theme, that was all SH-101 (sequence) and Jupiter-6 (which I no longer have). You can hear the Prophet on Loops of Doom End Credits, doing the chord stabs and the sync lead, for example.
Carey M

Postby SeventhStar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:00 am

Carey M wrote:
SeventhStar wrote:
I've been listening to your Loops of Doom theme, like, 50 times this afternoon, while looking at photos on the internet of hot Scandinavian women.

You should've seen my girlfriend's face, when I told her this :lol:

Here is some more you can tell her. Back in 2005, I was attending a Modeling photo shoot, as one of the photographers. There was this beautiful, petite, Swedish model there, who was about 5' 2". I got the opportunity to shoot her (and no not with a gun :lol:). Afterwords, we were sitting together and eating some pizza, and she told me quite frankly, that there was no such thing as the "Swedish Bikini Team".. I don't even remember exactly how that subject came up, well, other than the fact that she was probably wearing a bikini during some of the photography sessions.

I just thought that was the cutest thing, her informing me that there was no real Swedish Bikini Team. She was awesome though, so laid-back and easy-going. By far the coolest girl at the whole event! I had a similar kind of look on my face, as my avatar, during some of her poses. If there was a real Swedish Bikini Team, this girl could have been on the team for sure!

You should get some more amusing facial expressions from your girlfriend when you tell her that. Also, be sure to remind her, that this story comes from a FAN of YOUR music.
SeventhStar

Return to The Listening Lounge