Thoughts on Casio XW synth/sampler?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Thoughts on Casio XW synth/sampler?

Postby skinnypuppy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Hey guys,

On my never-ending quest to find the perfect sampling synth, I ran across the Casio XW series which is fairly new from what I've seen. I think ideally I would grab the Roland V-Synth before I would even give these Casios a chance. I mean, they are Casios so I kind of discount it just for being from a company that I haven't seen sell any high performance synthesizers, let alone samplers.
I went here:
http://www.casio-usa.com/products/Digit ... cal_Specs/

It says that it has a sample looper and sample "player"... What I ideally want to do is import my samples into the keyboard and run those through all the same filters and envelopes as if it was a built-in ROM sound.

Any thoughts? I'm about 80% sold on the V-Synth, but these Casios look kind of fun. Any thoughts on either? BTW, I'm going for the industrial/EBM/Noise type sound (that's why my user name is "skinny puppy" :) ).
skinnypuppy

Advertisement:

Re: Thoughts on Casio XW synth/sampler?

Postby Hugo76 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:53 pm

According to the specs, sampling on these is very limited. Although it very well may be fun to sample on the Casio, it won't be anywhere near the V-Synth. I would definately recommend the Roland, one of the greatest synths/samplers ever made
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby skinnypuppy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:37 pm

I was so close to buying it at Guitar Center lol. I had the money and it was just right there in front of me. It was before someone from these threads told me about the V-Synth. Thanks for the reinforcement :)
skinnypuppy

Postby Hugo76 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 pm

You can't go wrong with he mighty V, everybody should have one :-D
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Return to Samplers