So it arrived yesterday, played with it all day yesterday. Was on OS 2.18 so after playing with it for awhile I updated it to 2.23 and reloaded the 2001 factory bank, which apparently only one patch had been removed anyway. As an added bonus it came with the original box, and it looks like it has spent most of its life there. For once things arrived better than described, much welcomed than my previous stints of perfectly functioning gear not being so. My first impressions going through the presets were mixed, I have a good idea as to which I'll be initializing. Not very many that show the strengths of the virtual analogue side, as it's replacing the AN1x I couldn't help but have them side by side and do some basic comparisons. Raw oscillators, both set to 4-pole LP and volume as close as possible through my mixer. I couldn't help but notice the Waldorf oscillators have more bass and fullness from middle C down, from there up they're fairly equal with the AN1x. I was impressed, from the way everyone talks I was expecting the Waldorf to be an "OK" analogue emulation and just hope it sounded almost as good as the AN1x. Where it really was cemented was doing some filter sweeps and introducing resonance. The Waldorf behaves more like an analogue synth does, something about the attack portion of the AN1x I've always found weird and never really liked. That aside, the Waldorf filters are more detailed and richer sounding. I couldn't believe it, so I went through the Waldorf initial patch to make sure there wasn't multiple oscillators or some kind of bass boost going on. Surely enough just one lowly oscillator. That and there's now triangle and sine waves without cheating and using wave shaper on the AN1x. The freedom of 3 LFO's and 4 envelopes is really welcome, and oddly enough I find the Micro Q easier to program. The AN1x isn't bad, but when it came to modulation routing and that panel to the right there was much left to be desired. Overall I'm just pleasantly surprised. My only gripe is that apparently there's a bug and the Micro Q won't respond to poly pressure like it's supposed to... I guess the Blofeld would be the same way since it's more or less the Micro Q revamped. What's funny is reading through the Blofeld manual you can tell where they just copied the manual over as in some places it says Micro Q instead of Blofeld.