ASR-10 software

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

ASR-10 software

Postby 2manydrummachines » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Has anyone tried that software from Chicken Systems? It allows you to back up your samples to a computer and also allows you to manage your samples in software and convert them to Ensoniq format.

Right now I just do it the old fashion way play whatever is in the DAW through a MOTU and sample it.
2manydrummachines

Advertisement:

Re: ASR-10 software

Postby Ashe37 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:12 am

Trranslator has been around for many years. LAst time i used it was eons ago. I have the current version but haven't tried it.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, Bass Station II
Band: Eridani V

Postby mpa1104 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:19 pm

I had an early version that I started using with my EPS shortly before I got the ASR-10. When I started using it with the ASR-10 disks, it was pretty picky about the formatting, some disks became unreadable in the ASR after converting files on PC or vice-versa. I could see the potential, but never got into it enough and ended up doing things the "old fashioned way" like you said. Apparently there was another one which converted EPS/ASR sequence files to GM sequences, although how I'm not clear since most users sequences would have proprietary instruments, key-mapping, etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't like my personality, I have several more.
mpa1104

Gear: VCS 3, Rhodes Mark II, Micromoog, V-Synth, RS-202, Juno 60, Juno 2, VK-8M, MKB-1000, ESQ-1, ASR-10, Prophet VS, Triton Le, Theremin.

Postby 2manydrummachines » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:18 am

[quote="mpa1104"]I had an early version that I started using with my EPS shortly before I got the ASR-10. When I started using it with the ASR-10 disks, it was pretty picky about the formatting, some disks became unreadable in the ASR after converting files on PC or vice-versa.
:arrow: I had something like that happen before too but with the regular disks & even the external drives. You may want to hang on to the disks the ones that read "BAD DEVICE ID" or "DISK DATA CORRUPTED" The corrupted ones may have gotten demagnetized by being next to each other or maybe static charge. What seems to work is putting the floppy disk files is on a zip or hard disk drive but just be mindful those can get tampered with too. What I think might be a good idea is to convert or transfer the info from your ASR, EPS and find data storage on the internet as a back up. I have my own theory "forced obsolescence terrorism" I wanted to know if the software worked $100 isn't a bad investment if that's all it is.
2manydrummachines

Postby 2manydrummachines » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:20 am

Right now I just do it the old fashion way play whatever is in the DAW through a MOTU and sample it.[/quote]

Did you see that license agreement for Native Instruments? I thought I read something to the effect of: you can not resell the music you make with their samples, etc. :lol:
2manydrummachines

Return to Samplers