Roland vs Korg lol read on

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Re: Roland vs Korg lol read on

Postby ninja6485 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:05 pm

commodorejohn wrote:If nobody's concerned about what I (or anyone else who's underwhelmed by the Aira) think, then why do people constantly whine about us horrible naysayers being mean to a poor little huge instrument manufacturer on the Internet?

+
Z wrote:For crissakes people, this used to be a great forum. Now, it's bitching and complaining about everything.

= Your answer.
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...
ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, esi4k,M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Advertisement:

Postby Sir Ruff » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:26 am

I'm hoping they rerelease the juno-60, but with midi.
Do you even post on vse bro?
Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Postby corndogssg » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:39 pm

I have to say that some of the aira products look cool, of course looks can most deff be deceiving. will for sure get hands on before anything comes home. but then on the other hand the karp odyssey is probably gonna be making a sale with me, without even testing it out, as long as it's not arm and a leg and as good a replica as they did last year with the ms20 mini. anyone know when they plan on releasing the Karp odyssey? and how much it'll retail? anyone who "knows somebody" with in inside track. lol.
corndogssg

Gear: v synth, little phatty2, jx10, kiwi106, jx 305, jv2080x's8, k2600, ion, micron, evolver, tetra, x station, ultra nova, bass station2
Band: sesame street gangsters

Postby Ashe37 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:58 pm

They said next fall, so, assume next fall.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, Bass Station II
Band: Eridani V

Postby Rick N Boogie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Well, I'm not going to get into the analog/digital debate, or the Roland/Korg debate for that matter-BUT_, the Volca units did not impress me much at all. Fun, yes, but not all that "pro" feeling, or sounding. The TR-8, otoh, is a sweet little box. The only drum machine I've owned, other than what you'd find in a workstation, was/is a Boss DR-3, which hasn't really done much for me, ever. But I'm having a blast with the TR-8. In fact, I'll probably get the TB-3 soon as well.
Bassist, synth junkie
Rick N Boogie

Gear: MEK/Blofeld/Phatty
Basses/synth fx galore
Band: no.one.won

Postby corndogssg » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:28 pm

out of all the aira products the tr 8 looks the best, maybe the system 1 will be cool once they come out with the sh 101, juno's, jupiters ect patches for it, but the tr 8 is really dope for 5 bills new. and yeah the volca's aren't pro anything, but that being said they are cheap and have a big ups for the fun factor.
corndogssg

Gear: v synth, little phatty2, jx10, kiwi106, jx 305, jv2080x's8, k2600, ion, micron, evolver, tetra, x station, ultra nova, bass station2
Band: sesame street gangsters

Postby 8bit9bot » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:47 pm

sequentialsoftshock wrote:LOL this thread.

yup
8bit9bot
No Longer Registered

Postby Ashe37 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:12 pm

meatballfulton wrote:I think people are missing the point.

By going digital Aira gives users full MIDI implementations, audio over USB, etc. The System 1 might be very interesting depending on the "plug outs" Roland can come up with....even better if they choose to work with third party developers.

Or conversely, they could end up sticking with their established track record, which means they will release one or two 'plug-out's for it and then abandon it. VariOS, anyone?
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, Bass Station II
Band: Eridani V

Postby recordbot » Thu May 08, 2014 3:19 pm

ninja6485 wrote:
commodorejohn wrote:Mr. K didn't come to my birthday party last year to sign my 909./quote]

which Mr. K? if it's the one I suspect, I work for him, but I don't think I could get him to your birthday unless he's touring there already or you live in the tri state.

I think the tr8 is a good product for the market as it stands, plenty of kids who would never ever be able to afford real 808/909 who will love this box and plenty of older guys who want to produce and sold off their original usits years ago and can't afford to get one now,

would I have preferred to see it analog with both the 909 and 808 sounds selectable per sound bank with a switch and ability to add new sounds like a Linndrum, a huge aftermarket with tons of sounds, all kinds of trigger outs, computer interface, midi, din sync what have you for 1500?

hell yes, but fact is I'll have to build that myself since Roland feel like they need to squeeze every last bit of productivity out of their software designers or whatever the heck is going on with them

long term it doesn't look good for them at least from a synth guy's point of view, for a wedding band guy point of view I suppose they are as relevant as they ever were not like I pay attention or care,

maybe they're concerned to make more products that last 20 years fearing they'll eat into future sales by creating products that last a long time?
recordbot

Postby Bitexion » Thu May 08, 2014 5:44 pm

I reeeaaaallllyyy don't like that all the aira gear looks like "hip cool EDM dj gearz". Totally puts me off it.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular
+various assorted bits&bobs

Previous

Return to Synth Shootouts