Sequential Circuits Inc. Prelude fuses

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Sequential Circuits Inc. Prelude fuses

Postby Sanxion » Fri May 23, 2014 4:59 am

Hi all,

I just managed to get my hands on a Sequential Circuits Prelude, but upon closer inspection I found
that it's missing two fuses. The fuses in question are located on the right side of the power supply
PCB - to the left side of the transformer. My question is, can anyone tell me the values of these fuses?
I've done some research on-line, but couldn't find any information. Thanks.

Sanxion

Advertisement:

Re: Sequential Circuits Inc. Prelude fuses

Postby HideawayStudio » Fri May 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Sanxion wrote:Hi all,

I just managed to get my hands on a Sequential Circuits Prelude, but upon closer inspection I found
that it's missing two fuses. The fuses in question are located on the right side of the power supply
PCB - to the left side of the transformer. My question is, can anyone tell me the values of these fuses?
I've done some research on-line, but couldn't find any information. Thanks.

The Prelude is actually a rebadged SIEL (an Orchestra II if I remember correctly).

The fuses are T1A's (20mm 1 Amp Slow Blow)

I would be very wary of why these fuses are missing - I suspect they have blown in the past and someone hasn't got round to fixing the root cause of the issue.
H.I.D.E.A.W.A.Y S.T.U.D.I.O
http://www.hideawaystudio.co.uk
The Home of Novachord #346
http://www.novachord.co.uk
HideawayStudio
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: 163 tubes in a large wooden box!
Band: Hideaway Studio

Re: Sequential Circuits Inc. Prelude fuses

Postby Sanxion » Tue May 27, 2014 3:39 am

Thank you for the information regarding the fuses, I was wondering myself why these were missing in the first
place. I proceeded to replace the two missing fuses, but still can't get any power - the fuses did not blow, they
are still intact. Now, the synth does have a standard external fuse holder (typical screw-on cap) on the back of
the case, with a 200mA/250V fuse. I examined the fuse & it seems to be in order, HOWEVER, upon closer
examination I found that the "genius" who owned the unit prior decided to bypass this fuse by cutting the wires
leading to the fuse holder, and splicing them together!

Since the unit doesn't turn on anyway with this fuse bypassed, right now it's the least of my worries. However,
before I go ahead and re-splice the fuse into the circuit, I wanted to ask if the ratings on this fuse are correct?
As I mentioned above, the fuse I found in there was rated at 200mA/250Volt. Where should I go from here?
Thanks.
Sanxion

Return to General Synthesizers