Korg iSeries KISS&KIPS Disk Library (3.5" floppy disk)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Korg iSeries KISS&KIPS Disk Library (3.5" floppy disk)

Postby 2goth4u » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Hello,

Several years back, my friend and I went to a music store that was closing to seek out deals. I came across four binders of Korg floppy disks. The table of contents says that these floppy disks are from the Korg iSeries, as a part of the KISS Series (not KISS the band haha). Anyway, I do not know anything about them. I believe they may be synth patches, but am unsure. There are also some disks for the X-Series workstation, the 01/W Killer Organ disk, disks with drum patterns, IBM and Macintosh Drivers, and several other random disks. Furthermore, they had originally been listed for almost $1000 CAD per binder, which leads me to believe that they may have retained SOME value. I was wondering if anyone on the VSE forum had any insight as to what they are used for, and how much they may actually be worth today, as I do plan on selling them.

Thanks!
2goth4u

Advertisement:

Re: Korg iSeries KISS&KIPS Disk Library (3.5" floppy disk)

Postby synthparts » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:43 am

I'm not familiar with these but I would definitely test them out before selling them. A lot of old floppy disks have been erased by now due to magnetic fields... I know most of my old Mac 3.5s are unreadable now...
Vintage Synth Parts - http://www.synthparts.com
synthparts

Re: Korg iSeries KISS&KIPS Disk Library (3.5" floppy disk)

Postby 2goth4u » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:43 pm

synthparts wrote:I'm not familiar with these but I would definitely test them out before selling them. A lot of old floppy disks have been erased by now due to magnetic fields... I know most of my old Mac 3.5s are unreadable now...

Thanks for the reply synthparts. That's a really good point, and something that I had not considered. What would be the best method? I know that there are 3.5" to usb readers available now, but I want to try to spend as little as possible. I feel like I would be hard pressed to find a PC or Mac with a floppy drive in it these days, but I guess I will have to keep a look out.
2goth4u

Return to HELP!