Korg Maxi-Korg 800DV
A popular duophonic/monophonic classic from Korg. It's got 2 analog oscillators that can be used for one fat monophonic sound or 2 VCO's per voice for a fat duophonic sound. Flexible design with 2 voltage controlled filters and even a ring modulator. The Maxi-Korg is a great source of early Korg sound that rivals competitors like the OSCar and Roland SH-synths. No MIDI, no memory, but good bass and screechin' leads! It has no CV input either, though it can be modified to accept externnal control from the less standard Hz/V protocol (also used by Yamaha).
Most people usually understand it best as two separate MiniKorgs inside one keyboard with all the controls to both. Most people will stack both voices as the triggering can be tricky as duophonic. It has the very effective ability to delay one voice before it triggers when played mono. It has been used by Kitaro, Vangelis and Soft Cell.
Check Korg Maxi-Korg 800DV Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg Maxi-Korg 800DV? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 2 - Duophonic
- Oscillators - VCO x2: Scale (64', 32', 16', 8', 4', 2'), Waveform (triangle, square, sawtooth, pulse, PWM), Pink Noise, White Noise; SUB OSC x2: Scale (32', 16', 8', 4', 2')
- LFO - LFO x2: PWM + Vibrato
- Filter - VCF x4: Traveler (High Pass, Low Pass)
- VCA - VCA x2 + ENVELOPE GENERATOR x2: Attack Time, Singing Level, Range Selector, Mode Selector
- Keyboard - 44 Keys
- Memory - None
- Control - None
- Date Produced - 1975
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Korg Electronic Music Instruments Vol. 5 (catalog).
Additional information provided by Nick Kent.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.