Korg ElecTribe S (ES-1)
Korg adds a Sampler to their fantastic series of ElecTribe tabletop modules. "The ElecTribe S is a new type of sampler that doesn't simply play back a recorded sound - it lets you aggressively process the samples to create your own signature sound. Play any sound or phrase in and use the pitch, filter and effects knobs to drastically alter the sample." Connect it to the ElecTribe-A and ElecTribe-R for a complete studio for under $1,500!
The sampler is excellent and is complemented by synth-like controls for filtering, pitch and effects and a great loop-based sequencer. It can get up to 95 seconds of sampling time, and the sounds are "as fat and gritty as ever". There are 11 effects plus delay that you can apply while sampling, a feature that works great with Resampling to add and layer different effects to each of your samples. You can also use the knobs to modify the tone while resampling a sound.
A new Time Slice Function will cut up samples to make them fit the tempo. Time Slice detects the attacks of each part within a loop (e.g., bass drum, snare, and hi-hat) for simple and accurate loop manipulation. And the "Motion Sequence" function from previous ElecTribes is also on-board to record real-time changes to effects, filter, and Time Slice Elements.
The ElecTribe S provides a Smart Media slot for storing data. 3.3 V Smart Media ranging from 4 MB to 64 MB can be used to store your own sampled sounds, patterns and songs. It can also load AIFF and WAV files via Smart Media, allowing you to take advantage of sampled data stored on your computer. As a standalone or part of a Midi-Studio, the ElecTribe S is a very affordable, functional and productive sampler/sequencer. It is used by Nine Inch Nails, The Crystal Method, A Guy Called Gerald, Mouse On Mars, Dead Silence, Praxis, The Prodigy, Crystal Distortion, Freddy Fresh, and the Chemical Brothers.
Lookup Korg ElecTribe S (ES-1) Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg ElecTribe S (ES-1)? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 12 parts (One Shot = 9 parts, Slice = 1 part, Audio In = 1 part)
- Sampler - 32kHz, Up to 95 seconds (mono) / 47.5 seconds (stereo). 100 mono or 50 stereo samples can be stored.
- Patterns - 128 user patterns; Up to 256 per song
- Songs - 16 internal song memories
- Effects - 11 types (reverb and flanger/chorus, phaser, ring modulator, pitch shifter, compressor, distortion, decimator, isolator, resonant filter and wah), Delay
- Keyboard - 16 pad-keys
- Sequencer - 64-step loop based, motion sequence, 1 parameter per part, 64 events, effect on/off, and reverse can be recorded
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.