Korg M500 Micro-Preset
The Korg Micro Preset synthesizer is a curious late 1970s beast with a slightly bizarre matrix of pre-set sounds, including laughable woodwind and similar noises and a low-quality keyboard all housed in a wooden box! It's a 32-note monophonic preset synthesizer with 6 push-button presets including voice, synth1, synth2, brass, string, and wood. Its single-oscillator design has only rudimentary decay/release envelope controls and no access to the guts of the sound generation stuff. Perhaps it was aimed at the beginners market.
Check Korg M500 Micro-Preset Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg M500 Micro-Preset? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - Monophonic
- Oscillators - 6 Sounds: voice, synth1, synth2, brass, string, and wood
- LFO - Vibrato with depth and speed
- Filter - 'Traveller' control - filter and resonance slider
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Keyboard - 32 keys
- Memory - None
- Control - None
- Date Produced - 1977 - 1980
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Korg product brochure.
Information provided by Chris Stone and Tatu J. Lund.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.