The Korg Poly-61 was released in 1982 as the successor to the Polysix. It was somewhat of a step up from the Polysix, as it has 2 DCOs for better reliability. It also retained the arpeggiator of the Polysix. The Poly-61 can provide cool gritty basses or trippy analog sounds and fx.
Also added is the familiar Korg joystick, which can be used to modulate the VCO or the VCF. However, its filter only has 7 steps of resonance and is not as fat as the Polysix's filter. It also uses the same method of programming the Poly-800 and Yamaha DX-7 use, so it's not a very useful synth for real-time-tweaking junkies. The first Poly-61s didn't have MIDI, but the Poly-61M released in 1984 corrects this. Overall, the Poly-61 is still a decent synth, and it can be acquired for practically nothing! It has been used by FM Static and The Faint.
Lookup Korg Poly-61 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg Poly-61? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Manual - Download the original owner's manual from SoundProgramming.net.
- Polyphony - 6 Voices
- Oscillators - DCO1:sawtooth, pulse, and square; DCO-2: sawtooth, square
- LFO - 1 LFO can modulate the DCOs or the Filter
- Filter - 1 lowpass filter w/ ADSR
- Memory - 64 patches
- VCA - ADSR
- Keyboard - 61 keys
- Arpeg/Seq - Arpeggiator with external sync
- Effects - Chorus
- Control - MIDI (on later Poly-61M models)
- Date Produced - 1982 - 1986
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.