The SM-20 is a small, compact and simple rhythm machine that provides up to 20 rhythm patterns with 15 basic electronic drum sounds. It is primarily used as a music teaching device (like a metronome) or for providing (limited) accompaniment. It has a built-in 25 watt speaker, electronic conductor and metronome for practicing. There is also an instrument input jack that will feed the 25 watt speaker. However it can be used in music production if you really wanted to, but the limited sounds and rhythms are not very inspiring.
Check Korg SM-20 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg SM-20? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 15 voices
- Sounds - 15 sounds: Kick, Snare, Rim, Cow Bell, HiHats, Cymbals, Congas, Tambourine, Guiro, Quidja
- Controls - Quidja, guiro, and tamborine volumes; tempo
- Patterns - 20 preset rhythms
- Keyboard - None
- Control - None
- Date Produced - 1979
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Music Machines.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.