Korg SQ-10 Analog Sequencer
A very good old-school sequencer from Korg. Designed for the MS series synthesizers and using Korg's CV / Gate control the SQ-10 sequencer can really surprise you with some groovy basslines. Three channel output allows pitch, tone color and timing variation. Use the knobs to adjust and build up a sequence. Sure it's limited to 12 steps (with a max of 24) but when you hook that up to your MS-10, MS-20 or MS-50 you can get some pretty cool TB-303 like stuff happening. Because the SQ-10 outputs CV (Control Voltage) it can also be connected to the Oscillators, VCF (filter) or LFO's of your MS synths for even cooler tricks. Using a CV / Gate converter allows you to use the SQ-10 with other Roland, Moog, Sequential and even MIDI synthesizers. It's definitely a fun instrument which allows you to program basslines just like they did back in the early days!
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Korg product brochure and Tone Tweakers.