Korg VC-10 Vocoder
Isn't it cute? It's a little polyphonic 20-band vocoder offered by Korg. Feed it your voice (or any other interesting sound source) and synthesize it! That is, control the sound of the synth with your voice. You can even put other sounds through its filters which will then be processed by the vocoder. This basically means you can use it as a talk-box with a guitar, for example or you can use it to add a twist to your drum loops. Other than that this machine is pretty limited. There's a nifty little analog VCU input meter. It has been used by Keith Emerson, Apollo 440, Klaus Schulze, Tomita, Labradford, Rick Wakeman, Roger Waters, Joe Zawinul, Tangerine Dream, Goldfrapp, Air, Pink Floyd and Yes.
Lookup Korg VC-10 Vocoder Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg VC-10 Vocoder? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Brochure - PDF of 1980 Korg Brochure, submitted by Niels Kloes
- Polyphony - Yes, all keys sound
- Oscillators - 1 carrier signal + 1 input speech signal
- LFO - Vibrato (w/ rate)
- VCA - Mix level from dry voice to processed
- Effects - Ensemble effect
- Keyboard - 32 keys
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Control - External pitch control CV input
- Date Produced - 1978 - 1982
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.