The Z1 is like a polyphonic Prophecy in a workstation! It does all the analog sounds and more. This is a great analog modeling synth with 12-voice polyphony, thirteen waveforms, four LFOs, two resonant filters, two effects units and more. The ability to create unique sounds is endless. The factory patches could use some help, but overall the sound is very nice! It has a fully polyphonic arpeggiator that blows all others away. It has five preset arpeggio patterns and fifteen user patterns. Unfortunately there is no on-board sequencer. There is incredible real-time control available with knobs to control the two resonant filters, and a touch controlled 'XY' pad for tweaking patches in real-time. The Z1 is used by KMFDM, Gary Numan, LTJ Bukem and Orbital.
- Polyphony - 12 voices (expandable to 18)
- Oscillators - 2 osc (13 types including pulse, saw, tri, sine, organ, electric piano, piano, brass, reeds, strings, more) 1sub-osc, noise
- LFO - 4 LFOs; 18 waveforms including sine, tri, saw, square, sample/hold, stepped
- Filter - Resonant low, hi, dual band pass
- Effects - 2 effect units with 15 effects including Reverb, Parametric EQ, chorus, phaser, flanger, rotating speaker, overdrive, auto-wah, talkbox, decimator, compressor
- Keyboard - 61 keys with velocity and aftertouch
- Memory - 256 patches, 32 multis
- Control - MIDI (6 parts)
- Date Produced - 1997
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Thanks to Jason Clubb and Scott Denison for providing information.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.