Teisco / Kawai Synthesizer 100F
Although Kawai began manufacturing synthesizers under the company name of Teisco, they soon took over as Kawai which resulted in synths like the S100F above which can be found labeled either Teisco or Kawai (as pictured above). The Synthesizer 100F is a very good and classic single-vco monophonic analog synth. It has a small but usable 37 note keyboard. Sawtooth, square and noise waveforms and external sounds can be run through the synth's filters and envelopes and mixed with the oscillator.
Although there is only one oscillator, there's plenty of modulation ability to really liven up the sound. There's an LFO which can modulate the VCO, VCF and VCA. The VCF resonant filter is good and can be modulated by the LFO, Envelope 1, the external input or even the VCO! There's also a VCA section with Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release controls and finally there's a Hi-Pass filter. There is also a portamento effect for that final crucial analog synth effect! A typical analog synth with just about all the features and functions you'd need. It's got the classic wood side panels and a front panel layout that leads to very straight forward programming resulting in good analog bass, lead and synth sounds.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images by Nils Odegaard.