Alesis Andromeda A6
The Andromeda A6 is a true analog synthesizer using two analog oscillators per voice, sub-oscillators, hard and soft sync and more! It features 16-voice polyphony. With the Andromeda, you'll find a huge range of tonal possibilities: searing leads, warm pads, fat bass lines, extreme sound effects and more. And of course there are plenty of knobs (72) and buttons (144), even an assignable ribbon controller for addictive hands-on real-time control! The large high-resolution LCD display is excellent and shows you actual rather than relative values of parameters. Andromeda will integrate seamlessly into any studio with its total MIDI control and sync, individual voice outputs, stereo outputs and several audio inputs.
Andromeda is completely analog - no emulation! It features two analog filters per voice that sound great! They are a multimode 2-pole and a 4-pole lowpass. External audio can be routed through these filters too (three 1/4" jacks)! As for modulation, Andromeda has three LFOs, each with six waveforms and they can be synced to MIDI clock. And there are three 7-stage envelopes with very creative and flexible functions. Also onboard is an extensive mod matrix for enormous freedom in configuring Andromeda's sounds!
No analog synth would be complete without a set of classic effects and features. Andromeda also offers Portamento with nine slopes and legato functions. A built-in arpeggiator and analog-style sequencer are available, with MIDI sync! There are also some high quality digital effects such as reverbs, chorus, echo, distortion and more! Andromeda comes with 256 breathtaking preset patches plus 128 user. A PCMCIA-format memory card slot allows for additional programs and mixes. Andromeda is pure analog bliss, with all the features, stability and widgets of modern digital synths. It has been used by BT, Air, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, DJ Tiesto, Klaus Schulze, Yes and the Pet Shop Boys.
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 2 - Another demo of the Andromeda, courtesy of Arthur Antoine.
- Polyphony - 16 voices
- Oscillators - 2 oscillators (with subs) per voice, 5 waveforms available (sine, triangle, square, up saw, down saw)
- Filter - 32 total - 2-pole multimode resonating filter per voice, 4-pole lowpass resonating filter per voice
- Effects - Digital reverb, chorus, echo, analog distortion, quad pitch-shifting, flange, and more
- Arpeg/Seq - Arpeggiator: Up, Down, Up/Down, Random; Sequencer: 16-step, analog style; both have MIDI sync
- Keyboard - 61 keys (velocity and aftertouch sensitive)
- Memory - Program Memory: 256 preset and 128 user-defined
Mix Memory: 128 user-defined
Memory Card Slot: PCMCIA-format
- Control - MIDI (16-parts)
- Date Produced - Late 2000 - 2001
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.