Kenton Electronics Control Freak
Complete hands-on control of MIDI is now possible, giving control back to you, the musician. The Control Freak's Programmable sliders & buttons allow the fingertip freedom of expression that has been missing since the days of analog and the advent of MIDI. The Control Freak is friendly to use with its extensive memories and digital readout. Worried about your programming skills? Pre-programmed profiles for a wide range of machines are supplied with the machine and free profiles for other synths and sound cards are available from the download area.
Editing the Freak is now easier than ever. The Virtual Freak Software Editor for Windows PC is available absolutely FREE. The Control Freak has been designed to allow live, real-time editing of MIDI parameters and has a vast range of applications. Boasting eight programmable, professional-quality sliders and eight programmable buttons, it may be used to edit synth & sound module parameters, adjust sequencer controllers or to create versatile lighting effects - all in REAL-TIME.
Live editing is no longer limited to turning small knobs on your old analog equipment... it is now possible to adjust parameters via MIDI! Each slider or button may generate controller information, sysex, notes, program change, pitch-bend or aftertouch or a combination of these. Editing is simple with the aid of a backlit LCD display and easy to use interface. Just imagine being able to control parameters such as VCF, pan, and pitch-bend on your sequencer.
Lookup Kenton Electronics Control Freak Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Kenton Electronics Control Freak? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- 8 fully-programmable 60mm sliders
- 8 fully-programmable push-buttons
- 4 (x2 with shift key) programmable function keys Capable of sending any command or combination of commands. May also be used for instant program selection
- 4 edit keys
- Data entry knob
- Two line back-lit LCD display
- MIDI In/Out/Thru sockets
- Two external 1/4" input jacks which may be used with a foot pedal to replace any slider or button.
- External 1/4" input jacks may also be used for accurate CV / Gate to MIDI conversion!
- Intuitive, easy to use editing and user interface (with text editor)
- Supplied pre-programmed with profiles for popular synthesizers
- On-board library with a capacity for over 5000 individual profiles
- Advanced learn mode allows the user to match the unit to any synth
- Future library updates will be available for direct download from our Web site (Flash upgradable)
- 128 User memory locations each capable of storing assignments for every slider and button. (ie. 1024 virtual sliders and 1024 virtual buttons!)
- Sliders and buttons may be individually named for every assignment in every memory location
- Sliders and buttons can take a parameter from another slider (eg. If one button is set to send a note on message, it can take its velocity from a slider position)
- Buttons may be operated in three modes: momentary - send command when pressed, toggle - toggle between two commands with subsequent presses, on/off - send one command when pressed and another when released
- Sliders and buttons can send virtually any MIDI message in real time including multiple messages from the same slider/button
- User selectable global MIDI channel feature which may, if required, override individual program settings
- Built-in MIDI clock generator
- Comprehensive MIDI analyser mode for identifying problems
- Supplied with power adaptor (UK only)
- Dimensions approx 270 x 160 x 55mm
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear