Steinberg LM-4 / LM-4 Mark II
The LM-4 is a virtual instrument Plug-In that maybe picks up where the classic Linn LM-series Drum Machines left off. The LM-4 is a VST instrument for applications such as Cubase VST. There are no messy MIDI or audio cables, yet it is completely Midi enabled, automated, and its audio outputs are routed directly into the VST host's internal audio mixer, ready for adding EQ and effects.
The LM-4 features 20 Drum Kits with at least 18 drum sounds in each kit. The sounds are great! From classic to electro and retro! Ten kits were produced by the well known (:wizoo:) sound designers. You can also create your own drum sounds using 16 or 24 bit AIFF or WAVE files - essentially making the LM-4 a sequencing sampler plug-in! In addition, the LM-4 boasts that its timing is measurably better than any other MIDI controlled device! The LM-4 also features Polyphonic Drum Pads, automated tunings and levels of individual drum sounds and both stereo and 4 individual outputs. Finally, up to eight LM-4s can be layered and synced (depending on RAM and CPU) for elaborate percussion and music creation!
LM-4 Mark II
The LM-4 Mark II 32 Bit VST drum module released in 2002 builds upon the original to give you more flexibility and better sounds! The Mark II comes with a huge range of high-quality 24 Bit drum and percussion sounds that cover the most diverse music styles from Latin and Rock to House, Electro and Drum'n'Bass. The Mark II's enhancements include over 1GB of samples, 50 drum kits, drag and drop audio files, 20 velocity layers per pad, ADSR envelopes, Bit Crusher and Reverse, 12 outputs (3 stereo and 6 mono), volume, pan, and pitch automation. It also offers 16-, 24- or even 32- bit AIFF, WAVE or SD II (Mac only) compatibility. The LM-4 Mark II XXL is the LM-4 Mark II bundled with 70 additional high-resolution kits.
Check Steinberg LM-4 / LM-4 Mark II Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Steinberg LM-4 / LM-4 Mark II? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - Up to 128 velocity zones per pad, e.g. 128 sounds per pad; Up to 8 units can work at the same time (depending on CPU and RAM resources)
- Drums - LM-4: 20 Drum sets included; featuring ten 24-bit (:wizoo:) high-class sets!
LM-4mkII: 50 drum kits, 1GB samples, 16-, 24-, and 32-bit.
- Effects - Velocity, pitch and panning for each instrument; even automated
- Sequencer - Yes
- Keyboard - 18 pads per set
- Memory - 20 (LM-4) to 50 (Mark II) to 120 (Mark II XXL) Drum sets included; Ability to create your own sets
- Macintosh - Power Macintosh G3/300 MHz, 64 MB of free RAM (96 or more when used with the wizoo sets), Mac OS 8.0 or higher, Cubase VST 4.1 (or higher), Nuendo or other VST 2.0 compatible host application
- Windows/PC - Pentium II 300 MHz processor, Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, 64 MB of free RAM (96 or more when used with the wizoo sets), Cubase VST 3.7 or higher or other VST 2.0 compatible host application
- Date Produced - LM-4: 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Steinberg Online.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.