A standard and simple MIDI sequencer that is still used today by some of the biggest names in electronic music because of its simplicity, durability and reliability. It's simply a pattern and song based sequencer with 8 separate tracks. Each of these tracks can carry 16 channels of Midi info which makes this more like 128 tracks. These tracks can be muted during playback giving you a lot of performance control for a live situation. It's also a nice way for creating various breakdowns and builds in your music. Patterns can also be switched on the fly for true performance ability!
With external click inputs and Midi, the MMT-8 can be used to integrate your older drum machines or sequencers with Midi systems! Still you may not find much use for it in a studio, however, because using a computer to sequence these days is much faster and flexible. Similar to Roland's new grooveline, the MC-303, MC-505 and JX-305; the MMT-8 offers a fun method of performing sequences in a live situation that is ideal for DJs and musicians. It is used live by Orbital, Moby, Jimmy Edgar, Higher Intelligence Agency, Autechre, and Carl Craig.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.