Towards the end of the eighties, the British company Cheetah released their finest, the MS6. It's a 6-voice polyphonic/multitimbral analog synthesizer in a single-unit rack module. It has two digitally controlled oscillators per voice (12 DCOs) to provide better stability, and they sound surprisingly warm and musical. It's got the same sound chips (CEM 3396) as the Oberheim Matrix 6/6R and Matrix 1000 but the MS6 is multitimbral! Get creative with layering patches for ensembles or Trance heaven! Hidden within this little unit are some wonderful string, bass, lead, voice and percussion sounds!
The MS6 is a full-featured analog synth with 12 oscillators with PWM, noise and sync. There are 6 analog 24dB/oct filters which are warm and resonant! Programming from the front panel is possible but quite a bit tedious, so use of an editor is definitely recommended, such as Unisyn or the Knobby. The MS6 has been used by OMD and Rick Wakeman.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from www.maad.net/ms6.
Thanks to Alessandro for supplying this information.