Octave The Kitten
The Kitten is a lighter version of the Cat. It is a single-oscillator monophonic analog synth with a simple and intuitive layout. There is a sub-octave-oscillator that can be used to really fatten up a sound. It is quite capable of techno blip-sounds, synth-effect sounds, rumbling bass and analog percussive effects. Its simple design and low street price make it a great entry-level vintage synth for anyone looking for quick and dirty mono-synth sounds! There is a complete lack of MIDI and patch memory available. However, CV/Gate and audio inputs are available for linking up to other Cats and Kittens or other classic synthesizer systems. Rareness can in some cases jack up its street price. It has been used by The Chemical Brothers.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from the Terry Collection at Old Tech - Vintage Synthesizer Site.