Prosoniq Orange Vocoder
The Prosoniq Orange Vocoder Plug-In for PC and Mac VST provides you with an all digital simulation of a 24-band high quality analog vocoder. It is a real-time 8-voice vocoder that uses any input source/VST audio track or its own built in oscillator as a carrier signal, and any VST audio track as the modulator. Also onboard are a virtual analog synth with 2 osc. and 10 waveforms, 7 sampled sounds, Freeform EQ, Filterbank Reverb, LFO, a filter with distortion and an instant flip switch to instantly exchange carrier and modulator signals.
The flexibility is greatest in the fully customizable Freeform EQ. It has 12 nodes, ranging from 20 Hz to 20 kHz and resolving from +30 dB to -30 dB. This allows you to selectively shape the sounds processed giving you greater flexibility than many hardware vocoders. The Orange Vocoder sounds great and with unlimited memory for settings saved with your sequences it makes a great and affordable Vocoder.
Lookup Prosoniq Orange Vocoder Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related Forum Topics
User Comments & Reviews
Are you looking to buy or sell a Prosoniq Orange Vocoder? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - Demos of various vocoded sounds. From Future Music CD issue 82.
- Polyphony - 8 voices
- Oscillators - 64-bit internal processing Virtual analog synthesizer: 2 oscillators per voice 10 basic waveforms (from Pulse to Cycloid); 7 sampled sounds; Voice de-tune, pitch LFO, Oscillator hard sync and ring modulator
- LFO - 1 LFO with depth and speed controls
- Filter - 4-pole Low Pass filter with cutoff and resonance
- Effects - Reverb with Mix, Decay and Density
- Memory - Unlimited, save to hard disk
- Macintosh - Power Macintosh or compatible system, 132 MHz or better, at least 24 MB RAM, Mac OS 7.5 or later, Cubase VST or other VST compatible host software
- Windows/PC - Pentium, 133 MHz or better, at least 32 MB RAM, Windows 95/98/2000, Cubase VST, WaveLab (2.0 or higher), Nuendo or other VST compatible host software
- Date Produced - 1998
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Prosoniq
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.