Alesis QS6.1 / QS6.2
The QS6.1 is a 64 Voice Expandable Synthesizer and is a much more improved version of the QS6 QuadraSynth. With double the sound memory, the QS6.1 has 16MB of digital ROM samples, double the expansion capabilities, double the real-time control sliders, and a much improved and larger LCD display screen. The QS6.1 has a vast set of sounds containing a library of 640 programs and 500 multitimbral mixes. Really amazing pianos, orchestral sounds as well as vintage synth sounds, strings, brass, winds, guitars, drums, percussion loops and groove patterns can all be found here.
The QS6.1 features 64 multitimbral parts over 16 MIDI channels. That's a lot. And since it's 64 voices polyphonic, you can arrange some pretty complex and complete music, from full orchestras to trance dance tracks, beats and sfx heaven! The keyboard can be split into 16-zones! Control the volume, panning, transposition, effects level and more of each channel independently. Four on-board edit/control sliders are assignable to most modulation parameters. Onboard multi-effects based on the QuadraVerb 2 include reverb, chorus, distortion, EQ, delay, rotary speaker simulation and more. These are on four independent busses so it's like having four FX units!
Powerful MIDI implementation suits the QS6.1 for any studio situation. But it has more! It can connect to your Mac or PC using its RS422 or RS232 ports. The QS6.1 comes with a CD-rom (Mac/PC) with Alesis' Sound Bridge and FreeLoader applications, plus programs for sequencing, editor/librarians, notation, extra samples, programs and mixes, sample sequences, demos and more. Either way you choose to use the QS6.1 it is a truly professional yet affordable versatile and compact synth capable of just about anything you can dream up. For more robust studio applications and demanding players, the QS7.1 (76-key) and QS8.1 (88-key) models were also released in 1999.
The QS6.2 is virtually identical to the QS6.1 except that it has only one expansion slot to the 6.1's two and it has a bright shiny new silver design. The ROM Soundsets may also be a slightly newer version too.
Lookup Alesis QS6.1 / QS6.2 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Alesis QS6.1 / QS6.2? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 64 Voices (with dynamic voice allocation)
- Oscillators - QS Composite Synthesis (16 Bit Linear 48kHz Sample ROM): 16 MB, expandable to 32 MB via PCMCIA Expansion Card Slots
- LFO - 3 LFO's
- Filter - 64: 1 Sweepable Lowpass Filter per voice
- Effects - QuadraSynth 2 four-Bus Parallel Matrix Effects: reverb, chorus, distortion, EQ, delay, rotary speaker simulation and more.
- Keyboard - 61 semi-weighted keys (velocity, release velocity, aftertouch sensitivity)
- Memory - Programs: 512 preset, 128 user; Mix Mode: 400 preset, 100 user.
Expandable using QCards or RAM Cards via 2 PCMCIA expansion card slots
- Control - MIDI IN OUT/THRU (64 Part multitimbral across 16 MIDI channels); RS422 and RS232 serial protocols, Mac and PC compatible
- Date Produced - 1999
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Alesis.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.