"The SidStation is a MIDI-controlled synthesizer with real-time controllers. The heart of this synthesizer is the sound generating chip from the classic home computer Commodore 64. This sound chip, named SID (Sound Interface Device) was developed in the early eighties by Bob Yannes at MOS technology."
"The rediscovery of the SID-sound will be a pleasant surprise for many sound explorers that are looking for something more exiting than the current crop of analog imitating 'virtual' synthesizers."
Features of the SidStation synth module include a rotary wheel for easy data entry, an alpha-numeric 2x16 LCD display with back-lighting, audio input and output, 3 syncable oscillators with traditional (triangle, sawtooth, pulse) waveforms, nice resonant filters, arpeggiators, effects and ring modulation. The numeric keyboard and large knobs offer a unique form of hands-on desktop dance / techno music production for the 90's and beyond!
Lookup Elektron SidStation Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Elektron SidStation? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - Some in your face samples and effects created by the SidStation demonstrating some of the Sid's more peculiar sounds and effects.
- Oscillators - 3 osc: triangle, sawtooth, pulse, mixed, noise; PWM
- LFO - 4 individual routable LFOs
- Filter - 1 Resonant filter: lowpass, bandpass, highpass or any combination
- Effects - Portamento
- Arpeg/Seq - One Arpeggiator for each oscillator
- Keyboard - Numeric keyboard
- Control - MIDI In, Out, Through
- Date Produced - 1999
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from the SidStation site.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.