The Siel DK-80 is an odd synth that could be said to bridge the gap between low end mid-eighties Roland and Sequential type synthesizers. It is an analog synth with digital control. It is also bi-timbral with a split keyboard mode giving you 2 polysynths in one keyboard! The sounds are OK, and the DK-80 makes a great backup synth. It has an on-board two-track sequencer, chord memory and hold, programmable stereo panning and sweeping. Parameters are edited one at a time and via membrane push buttons. For a fair price the DK-80 is certainly an exotic addition to any synth set up but may be too limited to use as your main or only analog synth. It is used by Eat Static
Lookup Siel DK80 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Siel DK80? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 12 voices
- Oscillators - 2 DCO's (sine, sqr, tri), 1 pink noise gen
- LFO - 2 LFOs
- Filter - 2 24 dB/octave low pass VCFs
- Envelopes - 2 six point envelope generators
- Keyboard - 61 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Sequencer - 2-track realtime sequencer
- Memory - 40 preset, 10 user (50 external programs via RAM pack, 100 external programs via ROM pack)
- Control - MIDI In/Out/Thru
- Date Produced - 1985
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Synth And Midi Museum.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.