The Syntecno TeeBee is a bonafide 303 ACID emulator with some tricks up its own sleeve! At first glance you'll notice it has many of the same controls as the original TB-303 - Tuning, Cutoff, Resonance, Env Mod, Decay. It has square and sawtooth waveforms like the 303, and adds a ring modulator and external audio input. There's no Accent but this synth has MIDI with velocity sensitivity (there's your accent). Although it has a sequencer, it is very simple and hidden. Therefore, there is no cool 303 slide effect. However, slide effects can be controlled through MIDI, as well as every other editable parameter using MIDI SysEx commands!
As a 303 emulator it sounds pretty darn good. However, it costs almost as much as the real deal. The Syntecno TeeBee has MIDI in/out, Roland Din Sync and CV / Gate in/out as well as an external audio input making a creative tool in your studio for emulating 303's, filtering external audio such as drum loops or voice, and controlling older synths using CV / Gate. Probably the best 303 emulator besides the Novation Bass Stations.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.