Metasonix TS-22 Pentode FilterBank
The TS-22 Pentode Filterbank is an analog filter that utilizes four unique vacuum-tube bandpass filters. That provides you with four independently sweep-able and tune-able filters over a four-octave range. Capable of complex filtering, the TS-22 lets you sweep the lows, mids, highs, etc. independent of one another or you can latch them all in unison. Tweaking can be accomplished from the knobs on the unit or via external CV sources from other analog equipment. A round window at the center of the unit provides a view of the glowing tubes at work inside!
The TS-22's unique use of vacuum-tubes gives it a unique sound that is analog, clean and sometimes unpredictable. Also included is a vacuum-tube pentode voltage-controlled amplifier (VCA) to shape the effect of the filter on your sounds. Adjustable resonance that leads to self-oscillation for each filter is also a treat! CV inputs to control the filter sweeps and VCA allow easy integration with your existing analog synths! The TS-22 is not your typical filter, but its unique approach may do wonders for your synth sounds, loops, samples and/or human voices!
Lookup Metasonix TS-22 Pentode FilterBank Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Metasonix TS-22 Pentode FilterBank? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - Mono Input/Output
- Oscillators - n/a
- LFO - n/a
- Filter - 4 vacuum-tube bandpass filters with resonance; staggered frequency ranges in one-octave increments, starting at 50 Hz; 1-octave range sweeping via knobs or external CV; Individual tuning controls for each filter from F to F.
- VCA - built-in vacuum tube VCA to shape filters, usable with any external envelope generator via CV
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - None
- Control - CV Input for filter sweep and VCA
- Date Produced - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Metasonix Online.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.