BitHeadz Unity DS-1
The Unity DS-1 is a computer software based professional digital sampler and instrument. With all the modern features of samplers and the power of your computer you can turn your computer into a limitless pro-sampler! Samples can be recorded via analog or digital inputs, loaded from CD libraries, imported from AIFF, WAV and Sound Designer II files and much more! Sample storage and sample time is limited only be the amount of hard drive space on your computer.
The Unity DS-1 has extensive MIDI implementation for integration with your MIDI studio and sequencing software. Extensive editing of samples is available and samples can be further tweaked in other editing programs. Other features include: Over 200 parameters per program; Toolbar and keyboard commands for accessing common functions; Automatic sample extraction and keymap placement from Audio CD's; Drag-and-Drop to add algorithm modules (oscillator, filter, fx, etc.) and to import and export samples; Arpeggiator with multiple latch and assignment modes and can be synchronized to MIDI clock; Per-sample volume, tune, pan, sample start, FX send, envelope and selectable muting. A very powerful, affordable, attractive and sophisticated digital sampler with unlimited potential for creating or re-creating sounds for all musical tastes!
Lookup BitHeadz Unity DS-1 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related Forum Topics
User Comments & Reviews
Are you looking to buy or sell a BitHeadz Unity DS-1? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - Sample pads and stuff I did using the free demo version. It's pretty cool!
- Polyphony - up to 64 notes (CPU dependent)
- Oscillators - 2 stereo oscillators (multi-samples) per voice
- LFO - 6 LFOs (ramp or random)
- Filter - 2 assignable stereo filters per voice (13 filter types, including 4-pole resonant lowpass, highpass, bandpass, allpass, notch, and state-variable)
- Effects - 2 stereo insert (serial) effects, 2 additional stereo global (parallel) effects processors (Stereo delays, reverbs, EQ, chorus, phaser, flange, overdrive and distortion)
- Keyboard - On-Screen keyboard
- Samples - 16-bit, 44.1kHz; Multiple sample rates supported simultaneously; Unlimited capacity; DSP functions include Normalize, Gain, Fade, Reverse, Crossfade Loop, EQ, and more
- Control - MIDI
- Macintosh - 120MHz or faster PowerPC processor. Operating system software version 7.6.1 or higher (OS 8 or higher recommended).
- Windows/PC - 200MHz or faster Pentium processor. Windows 95 or Windows 98 operating system software. DirectX supported sound card.
- General - 50 MB free hard disk space, Compatible CD-ROM drive, 800 x 600 or higher resolution monitor with 256 (8-bit) or more colors.
- Recommended - MIDI controller and interface, Quality stereo sound monitoring system or headphones.
- Date Produced - 1998
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Bitheadz web site.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.