The new Wiard Modular System is a modern analog modular synthesizer system with patching and dozens of knobs and LEDs. It can also be quite affordable, with modules starting under $400. Wiard Modules include a Classic Analog VCO, Sequantizer, Waveform City, Envelator, Mixolator, Filter and the new Borg Filter. Although intended to be used as a set, they can be used with other vintage analog CV/Gate equipped gear!
The modules provide most functions found on classic modular systems. Highly flexible envelopes, filters, LFO and oscillator sections as well as Sequencer and Mixer sections. There are also new twists on some of these modules such as in Waveform City where an analog VCO is controlled by a digital ROM based waveshaper...and the Sequantizer is an 8-stage sequencer with some tricks up its sleeve. The new Borg filter comes from combining features from the Buchla Model 292 Low-pass Gate and the Korg MS-series High and Low-Pass Filters.
Designed to be rack-mounted, the Wiard system holds up to 6 modules with over 20 combined synthesis and control functions. However, individual modules can also be purchased for use as analog effects and dynamic processors with your existing analog gear! The modules use 3.5mm mini-jacks for patching as well as firm-wired routings via back-panel jumpers. Buy direct from Wiard on-line.
Check Wiard Modular Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Wiard Modular? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
- Modules - Classic Analog VCO, Sequantizer; The Waveform City, Envelator, Mixolator, Filter and the new Borg Filter
- Oscillators - Classic VCO module: 1 osc with 5 analog waveforms, A/R Envelope Generator and VCA; Waveform City module: 3 analog waveforms, digital non-linear function generator, A/R Envelope Generator and VCA
- VCA/LFO - Envelator module: 2 Multi-mode envelope generators/oscillators, voltage "crossfader" which will work both for control voltages and audio signals; Mixolator module: 2 Multi-function circuits that provide VCA, crossfade, segue and balanced modulator (LFO) functions
- Filter - VCF: 4-input voltage-controlled, multi-mode, multi-output analog filter; Borg Filter module: 2 seperate Vactrol-based Borg filters w/ Freq, Peak, Type, Mod, 2 LFOs w/ Speed control
- Arpeg/Seq - Sequantizer module: 8 step analog sequencer, voltage quantizer, control voltage mixer and transposer
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - None
- Control - CV / Gate
- Date Produced - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Wiard.com.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.