How cute! It's a tiny Moog. But don't underestimate it. Sure, it's just a single-oscillator mono-synth, designed as a budget performance Moog. But it's an inexpensive alternative to the Minimoog. In fact, it is often used as just a stand-alone filter processor since it has a filter that is virtually identical to the one found in the Minimoog, and it accepts external sounds for processing through itself (all at a fraction of the price for a Mini)! It also employs a ribbon controller (which was a cool new feature) for pitch bending. Notice that there are still plenty of knobs to give you access to the shape of your sounds! Unfortunately the construction feels kind of cheap.
The Micromoog has been used by Apollo 440, Kraftwerk, Richard Barbieri, Chik Corea, Herbie Hancock, Jimmy Edgar, and Add N To (X).
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.