The Opus-3 is one great little synth. It was designed by Herbert A. Deutsch from Hofstra University who originally nudged Dr. Robert Moog into building synthesizers and later served as director of sales & marketing for Moog Music. Herb also wrote the owner's manual. The sounds are broken up into 3 categories: Strings, Brass and Organ. Strings and Brass have their own separate VCF (filter) sections, the Organ section has none. The Opus-3 also has 2 sound outputs for an early stereo effect with panning! It's a colorful little synth with clearly laid out sliders and is fairly straight forward. It has classic analog Moog sound quality and is a great source of some string and lower octave techno-organ sounds. It is used by Stereolab, Kraftwerk, Zonetech, 808 State and The Rentals.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.