Novation Super Bass Station
The Super Bass Station takes its classic predecessor and adds to it an impressive set of features. These include separate ADSR's for the filter and envelope. The key follow effect was added to filter section. An SH-type sub oscillator and noise generator have been added to the oscillator sections. An ultra-cool ring mod effect and a true mixer section for balancing all these sound sources together have also been added.
Plenty of updates have been made to the effects section for the ultimate in monophonic bass synthesis. The Super Bass Station now features distortion, stereo outs, panning, stereo chorus, two LFO's, an arpeggiator with clock out and doubled memory to 200 patches (50 preset, 150 user). A new slide function creates much more realistic 303 patterns.
An amazing upgrade that makes this synth a truly flexible and MIDI aware Roland/Moog bass synth emulator...heck it's way more than that, it's a Novation Super Bass Station! It's used by William Ørbit, Biosphere, Massive Attack, Orbital, Josh Wink, Out of Logic, Nine Inch Nails and Underworld.
Lookup Novation Super Bass Station Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related Forum Topics
User Comments & Reviews
Are you looking to buy or sell a Novation Super Bass Station? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- Polyphony - Monophonic
- Oscillators - 1 sub-osc, 2 oscillators with Pulse and Sawtooth waveforms. Can be modulated by ENV2, LFO. PWM source modulated by ENV2, manually, or by an internal LFO.
- LFO - 2 LFO's with random, triangle, and sawtooth waveforms
- Filter - 12dB / 24dB switchable resonant low-pass with cutoff, resonance, env mod, key follow
- VCA - 2 ADSR envelopes with velocity depth and auto-glide, single- or multi-triggering
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - 50 presets, 150 user program
- Control - MIDI and CV/GATE in/out; Arpeggio clock out
- Date Produced - 1997
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Novation - U.K.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.