Move out of the way everyone because the Big-Boys are back in town! Oberheim is back with their first analog-emulation professional synthesizer. This blue beauty is supposed to recreate and emulate the classic sounds and tone of the original Oberheim analog filters. The OB-12 is a 12 voice synth with 4-part physical modeling synthesis. Loads of real-time knobs (22), sliders (24), and buttons (33) with a traditional layout give you fast hands-on access and control of most parameters. Extra hands-on goodies include a ribbon controller, pitch bend and modulation wheel.
Aside from great analog sounds, the OB-12 has an amazing set of hi-tech features! The OB-12 features a high quality LCD display that actually draws out all of the parameters you are changing. There are on board 5-band graphic & parametric EQ, ADSR's with delay time and double decay. An addictive Motion Recorder and manual or auto oscillator morphing for animated sounds or effects. Phrase Recorders and Arpeggiators with Independent tempo controls and 5 dedicated buttons are on-board with plenty of features and are MIDI syncable. There is also an extensive effects section that give you reverbs, delays, chorus and lots of overdrive algorithms. You'll also find digital SPDIF outputs, analog outputs, and MIDI in/out and thru.
Check Oberheim OB-12 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Oberheim OB-12? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - A bunch of short sequenced and arpeggiated demos of OB-12 sounds submitted to us by Moimir Papalescu.
Audio Clip 2 - Large, analog, breathy analog synth pad sounds from the OB-12, submiited by MuzikB.
Audio Clip 3 - Moody resonant strings from the OB-12, submiited by MuzikB.
Audio Clip 4 - The OB-12 makes a nice sounding 8-voice analog string pad inspired by the Oberheim SEM, submiited by MuzikB.
Manual - Download the complete and original owner's manual for the OB-12 in the PDF format.
- Polyphony - 12 voices (Dynamic allocation + User Voice reserve)
- Oscillators - 2 per voice w/ noise & ring modulator (Sawtooth, Triangle & Square w/ WaveMix and FM)
- LFO - Sawtooth, Triangle, Square, S&H noise
- Filter - 2 multimode filters with Lowpass, Hipass, Bandpass, and Flat with serial/parallel configurations and up to 24 dB/octave slope.
- Effects - Overdrive, Chorus, Delay, Reverb
- Keyboard - 49 Keys (Velocity and aftertouch)
- Memory - 256 user programs, 256 user timbres
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.