Roland CR-68 CompuRhythm
The CR-68 is a classic analog Rhythm Machine related to the famous CR-78. The CR-68 has the same sound set and rhythm patterns, but is not programmable and lacks many of the better features found on a CR-78. However the CR-68 does have breaks & fills, an accent that really livens up its beats, and a balance knob that can be used to weird-out the sounds a little bit. A much cheaper alternative to the CR-78 considering it is strictly limited to its preset patterns.
The CR-68 offers up the basic set of rhythms and sounds. There's 4 Rock, 2 Disco, Waltz, Shuffle, Slow Rock, Swing, Fox Trot, Tango, etc... The sounds are analog and include kick, snare, rim, hi-hat, cymbal, maracas, claves, cowbell and congas. These days the CR-68's sounds are often sampled instead, after which the machine itself may be kept around for use as a paperweight or book-end. It is used by Add N To (X).
Lookup Roland CR-68 CompuRhythm Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland CR-68 CompuRhythm? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Rhythms - 4 Rock, 2 Disco, Waltz, Shuffle, Slow Rock, Swing, Fox Trot, Tango, etc.
- Sounds - Kick, snare, rim, hi-hat, cymbal, maracas, claves, cowbell, congas
- Controls - Balance, tempo, level, accent
- Patterns - 54 preset rhythms
- Memory - No user memory
- Arpeg/Seq - n/a
- Keyboard - None
- Control - Trigger out
- Date Produced - 1978
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.