The GR-700 is a stomp-box guitar synth with the same synth engine as the JX-3P. The G-707 is the flashy guitar controller which connects to the 700 via 24 pin cable. On the 707 guitar are knobs for the cut-off edit and LFO modulation! So now you can play synth sounds with the guitar instead of a keyboard. Sound-wise it's a pretty good synth. You will need the PG-200 programmer if you want to edit patches more easily. Recall patches by stomping on the foot pedals.
The GR-700 is a six voice polyphonic with two DCO's per voice which means analog oscillators and sounds with digital stability and control. The typical assortment of a resonant lowpass filter, ADSR envelope, LFO and oscillator sections are here with easy and straight-forward programming. The GR-700 and G-707 are used by Cirrus, Tim Skold with MDFMK, Amir Derakh of Orgy, Charlie Singleton of Cameo, T.G.Noyes, King Crimson, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, and Andy Summers of the Police.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Thanks to Steve from CIRRUS for the information and images.