The JP-8000 Music Synthesizer has been designed using a first-of-its-kind Roland Analog Modeling sound source, combining the fat, powerful sounds associated with vintage analog synths with the flexibility of digital technology and MIDI. Like the classic Roland analog synths of the past, the JP-8000 sports a collection of 38 front-panel knobs and sliders for powerful real-time control, opening a brand new world of sonic possibilities. Innovative "Motion Control" feature memorizes all sequential slider and knob movements, ensuring that a great real-time "tweak" will not be lost. "Analog" synth functions like oscillator sync, ring modulation, -12/-24 dB filtering, cross modulation, an assignable ribbon controller and powerful pitch bend/modulation lever make the JP-8000 a very powerful synthesizer for live and studio use!
The JP-8000 is excellent for use in any music where classic synth sounds are needed. For techno, dance, drum&bass, hiphop, film scoring, synth pop and more! It is used by the Crystal Method, BT, Orbital, Ken Ishii, Vince Clarke, Goldie, Dave Holmes, Prodigy, Groove Armada, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, ATB, Überzone, Faithless, Gary Numan, Ferry Corsten, Scooter, Konflict, William Ørbit, Paul Van Dyk and Garbage.
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - A series of demo sounds, from the Future Music CD, issue 53.
Audio Clip 2 - Another series of demo sounds, from the Future Music CD, issue 53.
Audio Clip 3 - This is 'The Human Comedy' an interesting demo song created on the JP-8000 submitted by Jason Dictos.
Manual - Roland has made manuals for most of their products available as free PDF downloads.
Patch File - Courtesy of Roland, here are several patches in .mid and Midi SysEx formats. They are for Macintosh and Windows/PC.
- Polyphony - 8 voices
- Oscillators - 2 Roland Analog Modeling DSP oscillators: Saw, Square (PWM), Triangle (PWM), Super Saw (7 de-tuned Saws), Triangle Mod, Feedback OSC, noise
- Filter - Resonant 12/24dB/oct low pass / band pass / hi pass; ring modulator
- Effects - Onboard digital delay and chorus
- Memory - 128 preset patches, 128 user patches, 64 performances, 64 user performances
- Arpeg/Seq - Powerful vintage-style arpeggiator with beat patterns; Programmable real-time Phrase Sequencing (RPS) functions
- Keyboard - 49 keys (with velocity)
- Control - MIDI (2 parts)
- Date Produced - 1996
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.