The JP-8080 Analog Modeling Synthesizer Module offers an advanced Analog Modeling sound engine with 10-note polyphony, powerful External Audio Synthesis unlike anything on the market today, a unique built-in Voice Modulator, and Smartmedia storage capability--all in a cool, retro-styled 6U rack-mount module with tons of knobs and sliders for easy sound shaping.
Forty knobs and sliders for intuitive real-time sound creation and drastic sonic manipulation. Onboard Motion Control records all slider and knob movements for "hands-free" playback; all knob movements can be output via MIDI. The powerful onboard Voice Modulator allows external Mic/Vocal/Instrument input to be processed in real-time using one of three unique modes: Formant Filter, FilterBank, and Vocal Morph Control. Also features a good 12-band vocoder. It is used by BT, Ken Ishii, Faithless, and a.vanvranken.
Lookup Roland JP-8080 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related Forum Topics
User Comments & Reviews
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland JP-8080? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- Polyphony - 10 voices
- Oscillators - 2 Roland Analog Modeling DSP oscillators: Saw, Square (PWM), Triangle (PWM), Super Saw (7 de-tuned Saws), Triangle Mod, Feedback OSC
- Filter - Resonant 12/24dB/oct low/band/hi pass, 12-band formant filter bank
- Effects - 3 onboard effects: Delay; Multi-FX including Chorus, Flanger, Distortion and Tone control
- Memory - 384 preset and 128 user patches; 192 preset and 64 user performance
- Arpeg/Seq - Onboard Arpeggiator and real-time Phrase Sequencing (RPS) capability
- Keyboard - None
- Control - MIDI (2 parts)
- Date Produced - 1998
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
This information is an excerpt from Roland US.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.