The JP-8080 Analog Modeling Synthesizer Module offers an advanced Analog Modeling sound engine with 10-note polyphony, powerful External Audio Synthesis unlike anything on the market today, a unique built-in Voice Modulator, and Smartmedia storage capability--all in a cool, retro-styled 6U rack-mount module with tons of knobs and sliders for easy sound shaping.
Forty knobs and sliders for intuitive real-time sound creation and drastic sonic manipulation. Onboard Motion Control records all slider and knob movements for "hands-free" playback; all knob movements can be output via MIDI. The powerful onboard Voice Modulator allows external Mic/Vocal/Instrument input to be processed in real-time using one of three unique modes: Formant Filter, FilterBank, and Vocal Morph Control. Also features a good 12-band vocoder. It is used by BT, Ken Ishii, Faithless, and a.vanvranken.
- Polyphony - 10 voices
- Oscillators - 2 Roland Analog Modeling DSP oscillators: Saw, Square (PWM), Triangle (PWM), Super Saw (7 de-tuned Saws), Triangle Mod, Feedback OSC
- Filter - Resonant 12/24dB/oct low/band/hi pass, 12-band formant filter bank
- Effects - 3 onboard effects: Delay; Multi-FX including Chorus, Flanger, Distortion and Tone control
- Memory - 384 preset and 128 user patches; 192 preset and 64 user performance
- Arpeg/Seq - Onboard Arpeggiator and real-time Phrase Sequencing (RPS) capability
- Keyboard - None
- Control - MIDI (2 parts)
- Date Produced - 1998
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.