Roland JV-1080 Super JV
The Roland JV-1080 was one of the hottest and most popular digital synthesizers ever to come from Roland. Incredible sound quality capable of emulating any instrument imaginable plus totally fat analog synth type sounds and loads of percussion! It has 64 voices of polyphony and 16 part multitimbral, it's no wonder this is part of almost every Film Score Composers set-up as well as many more artists and hobbyists!
It has 8MB of sounds and it also offers a lot of expandability with 4 expansion slots and 2 data card memory slots. You can get up to 42MB of sounds by adding any of the popular JV-80 expansion cards suited for Techno, World Instruments, Orchestral or Synthesizers. The 1080 has a large LCD screen, lots of effects and filters for creative flexibility, motion control and extensive MIDI implementation. Editing is intense but enhanced and simplified by external editors like MOTU's Unisyn. It is used by Faithless, Hardfloor, Vangelis, Scanner, Roni Size, LTJ Bukem and Apollo 440.
Lookup Roland JV-1080 Super JV Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland JV-1080 Super JV? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 64 Voices
- Oscillators - Digital, LAS, 8MB Samples expandable to 42
- LFO - 2 LFO's (sine, saw, square, triangle, trapezoid, sample&hold, random and chaos) w/ key or external sync. Can modulate the pitch, filter, pan, or level
- Filter - TVF (lowpass, bandpass, high pass, peak) with cutoff, resonance, key follow and velocity sensitivity
- VCA - TVA ADSR (tone level, pan, key follow)
- Memory - 640 Patches, 128 performances
- Keyboard - None
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1994 - 2001
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.